Random Girl Strikes Again

All things wise and wonderful... and some really dumb... and mostly random

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Dr. Atkins is killing me from beyond the grave.... heehee

Ok, time for a diet update. I fell off the wagon. Well, actually, it was more like I was pushed. I was being my charming self and grumpily listing all the foods I was craving and wanting to binge on when 7 got up, grabbed the keys and walked out the door. He returned a short while later with McDonald's french fries, donuts and vanilla ice cream. I guess I complained one time too many. My parents came home shortly thereafter and gave me that disappointed look that only parents can give and made me feel about 2 inches tall. BUT I DIDN'T BUY THE STUFF!!! I did eat it though. I mean geez, it was already in the house and you know that the fries get really gross if you let them get cold. But I took no joy in my forbidden fruit, and that really sucked. What is the point of cheating on your diet if you can't even do it without everything being flavored with guilt. On a positive note though, I did lose like 10 lbs. before my stumble. I'm looking into the south beach diet as a possible alternative since you do get to eat some of the things I love on it, and still keep it relatively low carb. Sine 7 is still doing Atkins, I can work with the two diets for meal planning. I also found out that I'm 40 lbs. lighter than I was last year at this time. Of course, part of that was little Charlie in utero, but it's still lost weight all the same. :-)~


7 says I'm much nicer when I get to eat carbs. I guess I've been far less bitchy and mean. I suppose it wasn't just my food that was low in sugar.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home