Random Girl Strikes Again

All things wise and wonderful... and some really dumb... and mostly random

Sunday, March 28, 2004

I sang with the Barenaked Ladies!!!!!!

We did get to go to the concert after all. Our friend Tim volunteered to babysit for us. That is a story unto itself. Apparently the kids were awful. Oliver wouldn't eat and cried a lot. Charlie didn't want to go anywhere near Tim and cried too. His mom and our friend Holly had to help a lot. Oliver is truly his father's son... he only fell asleep after rooting around and getting comfy on Holly's ample bosom.

The concert was everything I could have ever hoped it could be. The only gripes I have are with the loud ass drunk a few rows behind us who kept yelling stupid shit throughout the show and the fact that our show isn't going to be one of the ones sold on the internet. I was really hoping that we would be able to have a copy of our first BNL experience to watch and share with others. It was a fantastic show. In fact, I was so damn happy I cried. Had I been down front I would have even danced... and for anyone who knows me that is a major thing. So we don't get to have anything other than our wonderful memories of it all.

We also went to a barbeque hosted by our friend Jarrod. It was pretty fun, crazy drunk molesters aside. Some people there had just a little too much chemical fun and ended up trying to screw everyone there. I had to dodge the fella when he decided that kissing me would be a good idea and asking his girlfriend to get off me when she plopped down in my lap and proceeded to grope me. 7 had to fight to keep her from pulling his pants off, Veronica defended herself and her boy from unwanted attacks, and Tim looked rather amused with the whole thing. It was funny after the fact. We managed to actually visit after they left and then ended up sleeping over. We all managed to get up and leave at around noon the next day.

We also tried to go to the beach, but were rather unsucessful. We ended up getting there at about 5 p.m. and it was already getting chilly so I had to change the kids into sweats from their swim stuff. We let them play in the sand a little and play wave tag until mommy started to turn purple. Then we had to go home to bakersfield. It took quite a while, but we made it. All in all it was a very long weekend and I'm still tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home