Random Girl Strikes Again

All things wise and wonderful... and some really dumb... and mostly random

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Ok, Ok, so I've been busy.

I know it's been forever since I wrote anything, but I have good reason. I also have a sneaking suspicion no one but my husband reads this anyways. If anyone else does read it, feel free to email me at kaykaybates@yahoo.com to tell me to get my act together or whatever.

So, I've been busy. At first it was my son's 2nd birthday party that kept me away from the computer. It was September 25th and it took me the better part of two weeks to get it all set up and do all the crap I needed to do. I kind of decided to play Super Mommy and made a huge, multi-layer Humpty Dumpty cake, about 2 dozen little pompom and pipe cleaner sheep for a game I made up, and came up with a few other original games to go along with the Nursery Rhyme theme. The kids who came loved it. I think my favorite part was my sister-in-law cheating and peeking when she was hitting the baby turtle pinata. I'll have to explain the baby turtle part another time.

Then about 2 weeks ago, my husband calls to tell me he got laid off. So we quickly moved all his stuff up here to my folks' house for a while. I can't figure out why, but I seem to have even less time now that he is here. I thought I would get a break with the kids and have a little more free time to myself. Wishful thinking. Well, I must say I do get to shower alone more frequently. No toddler poking me in the butt as I shave my legs shrieking "NAKED MOMMA! NAKED BUTT!"

I am hurrying to write this as we are packing to go to Texas. We are taking off tonight for a week and a half of fun. Well, it may not be all fun, but we're going for a good reason. We haven't been to visit my in-laws in over a year and they have yet to meet our daughter. We are going to drive out there in my parent's new RV and then stay with 7's folks. This will be the first time my parents meet his parents. I'm really wondering how it's going to go.

Wish us luck!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home