Random Girl Strikes Again

All things wise and wonderful... and some really dumb... and mostly random

Saturday, January 31, 2004

BARENAKED LADIES

I just want to say first and foremost that the Barenaked Ladies is my most favorite band ever. I know that statements such as that are usually uttered by preteen girls about someone like New Kids on the Block (Jon was my favorite!) and then change in about a minute. This is not one of those statements. This is a declaration of complete and utter worship and appreciation for all the wonderfulness that is BNL. I've tried several times to explain to people how I feel about this group and all I can ever seem to get out is that a tidal wave of complete joy wells up inside of me when I listen to their music and makes me feel like I am going to burst with happiness. I have an embarrassing habit of making these weird squeaky noises when something makes me happy. When it comes to BNL I overload on this impulse, can't make a sound, and end up grinning from ear to ear and quivering while making this high pitched humming noise. I know, I'm strange. I just can't help it. I have a couple of their CD's and one DVD. I haven't gone crazy and bought everything they have ever done. I just really enjoy them. I mean, have you ever had a tape that you listened to every morning and every evening on your way to work, plus listened to it at home for over a year and never got tired of it and were sad when it ended?? My tape was a compilation of Barenaked Ladies songs and it's still in my car in the tape deck now. I made the tape back in 1999.

The catalyst for this gushfest? I have a wedding anniversary coming up soon. My first in fact. "How can that be?" you ask. "Haven't you been married for almost four years now?" Yes I have, but it's still possible. We got married on Leap Year Day, February 29, 2000. 7 came to my school and told me that the next day was Leap Year Day. Jokingly I said, "Hey ya wanna get married?" and the rest is history. It's actually kind of a funny story, but it's a bit off topic.
So, my anniversary is coming up and I happened to be looking around on eBay the other day and saw a bunch of tickets being sold for a Barenaked Ladies show in March in LA at the Universal Amphitheater. After I picked myself up off the floor, I told 7 that is what I wanted for my present. We decided that since we were only going to have an actual anniversary every four years, that we'd have to do something big. This would be the best present ever!! Wait... I take that back. The best present ever would be going to a Barenaked Ladies concert with my hot husband and George Clooney, and getting backstage passes too. I'll settle for tickets though.

Hey if anyone who happens to read this has any sort of connections that could get me backstage passes... I'd love you forever. Really I would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home