Random Girl Strikes Again

All things wise and wonderful... and some really dumb... and mostly random

Monday, August 28, 2006

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It's a Two Blog Night folks

My baby started school this week. Oliver is a certified Kindergartener. He wasn't very excited about going the first day. He was curious, but didn't really show much enthusiasm. I took him over to the school and took him to his classroom. They handed him a necklace with his name on it and then kind of swooped him away into the room before I could even say goodbye. He didn't seem to mind.

Me... I went back to the car and cried.

I wasn't sad or anything. It's just hard to turn your little person over to someone you don't know. To put not only their body in the care of a stranger, but their little mind, feelings, ideas... everything. This child and his sister have been the main purpose of my life for over 4 years now. They are my reason for getting up in the morning. They force me to develop good habits, to try to be a better, saner, healthier person because I want to be a good role model for them. And to have my little love just swept away like that was like cutting the cord all over again. The first time it was to separate him from my body. This time it was to separate him from a world where I was the guiding light. I know, I know. He's got to have a life of his own to learn to be an independent person and all. I'm just saying they should have at least let me hug him up for a second and kiss my baby goodbye before I let him go to turn into a big boy.

So we're three days into his first week and he is loving it. The first day I went to pick him up, he was near tears. He didn't want to go home. He even said he was going to hide in the bathroom so he didn't have to leave.

The second day was "great" and today he "had so much fun and got to do all kinds of cool stuff." I am glad he's enjoying it so much, but it's still hard to walk away in the morning if he isn't in the classroom yet. I just have to trust they'll take as good of care of him as I would. I suppose I'll get over it in time. I'm a mommy. No doubt about it.


Kid Quotes

Oliver: (looking at a bug, then jumping up and running away) EEEW! It's another of those stinky perfume bugs!


The kids were all playing over at Grandma's in the back yard when my 12 yr. old nephew JR started telling them to run for their lives because a monster was coming. Charlie starts running like mad and screaming, "Run from your life! Run from your life!"


Charlie: (drawing a picture) Momma this is you. I made your nose a little funky. And you have one of these... (drawing a squiggly line under my nose)
Me: What's that?
Charlie: It's a muskrat!


7 came up for the weekend and some of his laundry fell out of his bag and was laying in the car.
Charlie: What are Dadddy's underwear doing in here?
Kayla: I don't know.
Charlie: I think him be wanting to take a sleepover at Grandma's house!


Oliver: Mom, you're in the kitchen and I'm in the dining room.
Kayla: You're right.
Charlie: I wonder what room I'm in?
Oliver: You're in the dining room.
Charlie: (in a very snooty British accent) OOh... I'm in the DINING room.


Oliver: (trying to get dressed and having a little trouble) Mom, can you help me get my pant sleeves untangled?


Charlie: (singing the ending to the Alphabet song) Next time you won't sing with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home