Random Girl Strikes Again

All things wise and wonderful... and some really dumb... and mostly random

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

7 is upstairs spanking the kids. They absolutely destroyed their room and then would not clean it up when we told them to go clean. They would go up there and fart around for a little while, then come back downstairs and start bugging me. When I asked them if the room was done, they'd of course say yes, and when I told them I was throwing away anything I found on the floor, they'd run back up saying they'd forgotten to clean something up. Finally 7 went up there and I suppose it still looked like a bomb went off since he has been up there for about an hour and he is sounding ready to kill someone. Our children have to be instructed on every little step when it comes to cleaning their room. Here is a typical exchange:

K- Charlie, pick up the dishes and put them in the basket.
Charlie- (surrounded by toy dishes) I can't not see them.
K- They're right there by your feet.
C- Where? (Looking right and left, but never down)
K- (Pointing at the floor by her feet) By your feet. On the floor. Look down... DOWN! DOWN ON THE FLOOR!! BY YOUR FEET!! DOWN ON THE FLOOR BY YOUR FEET!!!
C- (Now turning in circles but still not looking down) No can find find them.
K- DAMMIT CHARLIE! BY YOUR FEET! (Getting up, taking Charlie's head in my hands and making her look down) THERE, ON THE FLOOR! DO YOU SEE THEM NOW?
C- Oooh. Them on floor.
K- Yeah... put them in the basket.
C- Can't. Don't know how.
K- OH FOR THE LOVE OF.... 7, I DON'T WANT TO BE A MOMMY ANYMORE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home