Random Girl Strikes Again

All things wise and wonderful... and some really dumb... and mostly random

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

The fat lady sang...

Ok, the reunion was this weekend and I will admit that I had fun. We had some drinks, talked a lot, laughed a lot, and I even danced with my husband. I rarely ever dance. In fact, 7 said there are only three things wrong with me; I don't dance, I don't like video games, ... and I forgot the third one. I felt bad about mostly talking to my friend Susan and not so much to my friend Jennie. Part of the problem was that she was sitting on the other side of 7 and that made it difficult to keep a conversation going. Regardless, I was really really happy to see her and it was very nice to meet her husband.

For those of you who read 7's blog as well, I have to speak up and correct a few things he said in his entry regarding the reunion. To start with, I'm not 28 yet... grrrr. And I wasn't feeling old because it's been 10 years since I graduated. I was never feeling old. I was feeling fat. There's a big difference. I was a fat kid, a fat teenager and now a fat adult. I've never really been very comfortable in my skin and since people have tended to randomly be mean to me about my weight, I tend to not be very comfortable in social situations. Not to mention that the ability to make small talk seems to have been handed out to everyone but me. It's like pulling teeth when I have to do it. So no, my apprehension wasn't based on age at all. It was all about facing a bunch of people who I didn't really feel so great about, to see the few people I loved being around.

I have come to a conclusion. I need a hobby. Problem is I would really rather just spend my free time with 7, but he needs a break from me every now and then. Besides, lately I've been acting rather grumpy towards him due to some unresolved household issues that are really just chapping my hide. So I think I'm going to try to find a group or something to join. I saw an ad for a book club, but I don't ever really have time to read. Besides, it was for English Literature, which is not my favorite subject. I'll keep looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home