Random Girl Strikes Again

All things wise and wonderful... and some really dumb... and mostly random

Friday, July 23, 2004

SHOP TILL YOU DROP  
  
My high school reunion is less than 10 days away. I am shopping shopping shopping for THE outfit to wear. You know the one... it makes you look younger, thinner, more busty, less busty, more curvy, less hippy, hides those flaws and lumps, gives you oomph where you  lack it. THE outfit makes you more knowledgeable of current events, political platforms and books currently on the New York Times Bestsellers list. THE outfit can erase all those stupid things you did in your past that people used to taunt you about in high school and make you into the person everyone wants to be seen with! That outfit. So far I haven't found it.
 
Part of my problem is that I'm not quite sure what "semi-formal" includes. I was originally planning on wearing a cute little top and some jeans with nice shoes, but that is too casual. I don't want to be overdressed and come in something that looks like a bridesmaid rejected it. 
 
Mini-rant: Why do they make so many fat girl dresses with thousands of ruffles and weird asymmetrical hems and layers and layers of gauzy stuff? Like people are going to really think the dress is fluffy instead of your body. Fluff over fat just makes you look more enormous!! 

I'm really just looking for something that I can be comfortable in and that at least looks pulled together. I would like it if my clothing didn't cause me extra cause for concern that night. I'm looking for a dress. Black is good. Red is good. Simple and comfy is fantastic. If I had time I would look into just making one. I did that for my brother's wedding when I was a bridesmaid. I was pregnant at the time and nothing at the stores seemed to fit right. So I just whipped up my own dress, and I'll be damned if it didn't turn out great. It was beautiful and so much more than I ever expected that I would be able to make.

I need to start going through the pictures I have of my kids and picking which ones to take with me. I know it's cheesy, but I'm so proud of these little boogers that I can't help but show them off. I can't take them with me, so pictures will have to do. I wish we were having like a picnic too so that those of us with children would have a chance to bring them along. As it stands now, I will pretty much be sitting and talking to people, hopefully, since I don't dance. At least with my kids there I would have something to keep me busy.

Ok, I told 7 I was going to get online for a few minutes once the kids were asleep and that was about 4 hours ago. I should go get some sleep and rest up for... you guessed it... more shopping!!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home