Random Girl Strikes Again

All things wise and wonderful... and some really dumb... and mostly random

Monday, May 02, 2005

So I've been having some trouble lately with a pulled muscle in my back. It goes right across my rib cage and makes most movement, including breathing, very painful. Last night was one of those nights where it decided to rear its ugly head. I spent most of the evening writhing painfully before my muscle relaxant and Tylenol-3 kicked in and I passed out for the night. I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing and, being unable to roll over quickly, groped for it behind my back. I didn't bother to open my eyes, put the phone to my head, said hello and when I didn't hear anything, went to hang it back up. It took me a few seconds to get the damn thing back in the cradle right and then I passed out again. Later when I spoke to my mom I asked her if she had called in the morning. She said she had, and that she was sorry for calling so early and that she felt bad for waking me up. She said when I answered the phone she hear me saying hello very faintly and then a lot of fumbling and then nothing. Apparently in my drugged and groggy state I had put the wrong end of the phone to my head, then when I couldn't hear her, hung up on her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home